Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Favorite Things

Inspired by one of my favorite blogs, , I have decided to make this post about my own favorite things! I’ve actually been thinking about this for a while. I’ve been going back and forth about if I should include things that are purely material or if other, intangible items should also make their way to the list. The decision: it should be a broken list. So here it is:

Stuff :
- Down pillows. They cradle your head oh-so-gently and take on the roll of your warming support system while you sleep.
- My engagement ring. It’s my very favorite possession.
- A well-made latte
- Moroccan lanterns
- Paco, the guinea pig, if he can count as “stuff”

- Really cool stationary (always an interest, but you can thank my wedding planning for the new obsession)
Moments:
- Lying in bed awake before it’s actually time to get up, especially when it’s raining
- Sitting in the kitchen and chatting with Brian after a long day at work

- Retesting a learner in my adult reading program and finding they’ve gone up a grade level (or more!) --- find out more, visit www.nashvilleliteracy.org
- Late night in the middle of the dance floor, sweating and moving and forgetting that anyone is there except you and the strobe lights and Black Eyed Peas or random house song
- When Paco runs and jumps and squeaks and then comes and gets in my lap and looks at me to see if I was watching him—I know, don’t make fun of me, I love him
- Touching down in a new country and feeling the flurry of excitement, gratitude, and anxiety sweep over me all while trying to look like this is all “old hat” to me (photo from Santiago de Compostela, Spain, just outside the library after school)

That’s enough for today. Thanks again for the inspiration to the ladies at www.myfavoritethings.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment